Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sleeping

Well..since I had my little boy I have discovered that I will buy anything to get him to nap or sleep at night. I will fall for any new item I can get my hands on. It works for a couple of days, he figures it out and we are off and running to purchase the next item. My husband just rolls his eyes and says whatever. The kicker...Luke isn't a bad sleeper. I'm just on the hunt to get that extra hour. So here are the things I have tried/bought. Its pretty funny....

-Regular 40x37 swaddle thermal blankets- those got to hot and he busted through pretty quickly
-Muslin 47x47 Swaddle Blankets- ha to those...they lasted 2 hours...even doubled up.
-Velcro Swaddles- Yeah right. I made the mistake and bought fleece which was pretty dumb since we live in FL. AND...he figured out how to get an arm through the velcro part. Once he even wiggled down inside....after he ended up in a sweaty mess so the Velcro swaddle days were over.
-Regular thin velcro swaddle- not match for my child. Out in a couple of hours.
-Sleep Sheep- This actually does work and was a good purchase
-Sleep positioner- definitely works.
-Enfamil makes "Restful Night" formula. I'm not sure if it works since he wakes up and gets out of his swaddle. The jury is still out since he doesn't feed when/if he wakes up early.
- I have even combined one muslin blanket with one thin velcro swaddle...it works but its too hot for him. I use if I'm super desperate and its not too hot in his room.
-Miracle Blanket...we will let you know. Purchased today.
-Woombie- havent purchased yet but the purchase button is ready to go pending tonight's outcome of the Miracle Blanket

So there you have it. I'm a new mom and pretty much will fall for anything. You name it and I will probably buy it...but please don't encourage me.

No comments:

Post a Comment