Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm like a sponge...

Ever since I got pregnant I read the books, soaked in everything and talked to many friends with babies on how to set a schedule and get them to sleep but I think I overwhelmed myself with information because when Luke got here I was paralyzed with what to do. I would try something once and then not be consistent. I couldn't figure out when to let him cry it out...what age, how long...etc. I knew a month was too soon for me personally and 4 months I thought was too long but I just couldn't decide. So after a week of this child not napping I was at the end of my rope and knew I had to do something other than accept that he was just not a good sleeper. He's a baby and needs his rest. It was time for me to be the parent and stop letting him run the show. A friend of mine told me about www.momsoncall.com. Its a mix between babywise and happiest baby on the block which was perfect for me. I need him on a schedule because of my career as well as Jason's crazy work hours and also he needs it to thrive. I noticed he had been so fussy during the day. It showed me how to get him on a feeding and sleeping schedule as well as how to swaddle him correctly. I'm telling you...we are not even 24 hours in and our lives have already changed for the better. Its like he needed this structure. He slept for 6 1/2 hours last night. Now he did wake up at his usual feeding time at 11:30 but after 2 intervals of crying (and me crying because his was crying) he was out like a light until 3am...just like they said he would be. I didn't sleep a wink because I thought he was dying a slow death in his crib without me. My poor husband didn't sleep either...mostly because I kept waking him up and asking him questions about how Luke was doing. Poor guy must be exhausted at work today. This morning Luke has picked up right where he left off. I can't believe it. Whats even better is that I feel like a great mom. Like I finally did something great for him and was successful. I'm sure we will have our bad days but what a great feeling....I was cut out for this after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment