Monday, July 5, 2010

New Mommy Weight

Ugh...the dreaded topic of weight. I gained 40lbs (actually 37 when I checked into the hospital but I shouldn't lie to myself that some days it was 40) when I was pregnant. I always thought I would eat so healthy when I got pregnant. No way...I had so much junk. Junk I never ate before. Now I pay for all of those Little Debbie snacks that I swore the baby was begging for. I was also certain that my son would be 10lbs. Ha...6 lbs and 19 1/2 inches. So where did the 40lbs come from? Well, from Little Debbie. She is officially the Devil (doesn't she make a cake with "Devil" in it?). I started walking at week 3 and now I'm starting back running at week 5. Little Debbie has cursed me with a belly that jiggles as I run. I've lost almost 30lbs so far but this last 11 doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I know that I should cut myself a break but as I'm running I swear that everyone in the park is staring and wondering if thats jello under my shirt. My husband is wonderful and says I look great, awww love him, but what can he say. Yes dear, you do have some weigh to lose. He's much smarter than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment