Sunday, July 18, 2010

Date Night

Remember life before baby? It wasn't too long ago for us...just year. Even before we even thought about children, life was insanely different. I was traveling more than ever and was definitely the party girl. If there was a social event...I was there/we were there. There became a phrase (good or bad...probably bad) in Charlotte, "its not a party til Brandie falls down". Jason also used to say that I would probably be the one to get all of the mommies drunk at a playgroup. Maaaaaaaaannnnn life has changed. We recently had our first date night since the baby was born...well probably since a little before the baby. Before we left the house I thought that it would be a stretch for us to make it back by midnight. Jason and I could go anywhere and talk for hours. Just like old times right? We get to the restaurant and I make mistake #1...I order "Harry's Hurricane". Jason sticks with beer. Smart man. As date night progresses the conversation is good, we are having fun and we order appetizers, dinner, another beer and another Harry's Hurricane. It went downhill from there. I think my system went into shock from the rum and passion fruit. I mean I've had some wine since the baby came but nothing like this hurricane thing. Ugh. The nausea set in and a heavy dinner made for heavy eyes. It was sad. We looked at each other and I had to confess that Harry's Hurricane was a massive mistake and he admitted a large dinner was his. BUT we were determined to pull through, I mean it was only 8:15 at this point. We decided to walk around downtown Gainesville and see if we could find a "happening place". Ummmmm its 8:15, is there a happeneing place at 8:15? Probably for the old which we have become. Ok...maybe not old but just clearly out of practice. Mistake #2 is I wore new shoes. So our walk quickly became "lets find the closest bar to sit down". We entered a bar where it was clearly a dance of the old people. That my friends is where the night came to an end precisely at 9:30pm. We tried right? At least we can laugh at ourselves. We are just out of practice. I'm determined to make us the fun couple again. We'll be back...I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment