Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our first trip

Well we did it...we survived our first plane ride together..me and baby! It actually wasn't that bad. I pictured a screaming child and very upset passengers but that was not the case at all. He did great. He was asleep on the first flight out and was awake on the second flight but all he did was stare a the girl next to us and smile at her when she looked at him, total flirt. When we got off the first flight it was chaos! Had to feed myself, feed the baby, change him and back to the gate in about an hour. There's nothing like a mommy on a mission. This time he threw me for a loop and proceeded to poop ALL OVER his new outfit. It was every where so then there was a rush BACK to the bathroom to change him. Of course he was laughing and talking the entire time like he knew exactly what he did. I was also shocked at how alert he was. When someone (especially blonde girls) would talk to him he would pop up off my shoulder and talk back. It was the cutest thing. On the way back from VA he did the same thing. Slept on the first flight and on the second he was wide awake. This time he couldn't decide which position he wanted to be in. On my lap facing out, in my arms with head hanging in the aisle so he could see, on my lap facing in, on my shoulder...the battle was on for an hour and I was exhausted but I should complain because he never fussed. As soon as we stepped off the flight he SCREAMED for almost 2 hours. Obviously he was completely over stimulated and exhausted from the day. Mommy felt the same way.

So traveling wasn't too bad. It was actually fun watching him discover new noises, people and smells. Our next trip is a 10 hour car ride. That my friends may be an entirely different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment