Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teething...yuck

Well we survived teething and it about drove me nuts. For awhile I thought maybe he was but he had been drooling for so long that I thought it was just a mood change. Then I felt the bump...and here came the crying, waking up and not eating. Yikes! It was only about a week or alittle more but my gosh that was a LOOONNNGGGG week. He went from sleeping 10 to 11 hours to waking up a couple of times a night. I could almost deal with waking up but the fussiness just about drove me crazy. Man...I feel so blessed to have a happy baby. I couldn't imagine having a baby with Colic or just a fussy baby in general. It makes you crazy because you just can't make him or her happy. My goal everyday was to wear him out with playdates, errands or walks. I would do anything not to hear him fuss. I even counted the minutes until our nanny walked through the door. I felt awful for feeling that way but my gosh I needed a break. I almost felt like the mom with a fussy baby. I tell ya...it was a long week. Now he's back to my happy baby but of course now he is going through the stranger anxiety phase. Even the clown on his little Baby Einstein video scares him now. My friends scare him. What the crap! So I'm wondering how Thanksgiving will go with all of the new people around. I'm hoping as quickly as it came this phase will go away. I'm amazed by how much he changes in a week. Grumpy to happy. Social butterfly to scared little baby. Maybe if I tell everyone to just ignore him then he will be fine. Yeah right, how do you tell 20 people to ignore a 6 month old baby. Good luck right?

No comments:

Post a Comment