Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I never learn...

So in my last blog I wrote about how much I've learned since Luke came along. Well...how about something that I never learn my lesson on. The pony. Ahhhhh the pony (aka our 100lb dog named Henry). It seems that I give him the benefit of the doubt ALL THE TIME AND I NEVER LEARN. For instance; he is going through a terrible barking problem lately. I think he's just constantly yelling at us like a teenager would. You let him outside..he turns around and just barks none stop. You bring him in and get on the phone...he barks. He sees a cat outside...he barks. And yet...I continue to let him go outside whenever he wants which is usually when the baby is napping. I continue to keep the blinds open so when he sees that mean cat outside he barks...again, usually when the baby is napping. My new "never learn" is taking him running with the baby. It never goes well...never. He usually gets in the way of the jogger and I run over his foot (atleast 1o times during a typical 5 mile run). He sees someone and darts in that direction taking us with him. He sees a squirrel and STOPS right in front of us which means I plow into him. But every morning...he still goes. Why? Because I never learn and each morning I think that it will be different. Today he'll behave and not get clipped. Nope. I end up frustrated and yelling at him like a crazy lady. Then I look around and wonder who saw me and thinks I'm a mean dog owner. I love my pony...I really do but could he just once maybe not wanna go for a run? Maybe continue to lay on the floor and say "nah...not today". Probably not so I guess I will continue to take him out of guilt and continue to never learn. As I'm writing this he lays on the couch snoring because he's exhausted from making me exhausted. Love you Henry...well today anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment